Workout: 4.5 miles with little E.
So, I'm now 75% vegan. Wanna know why? Because I'm human. There are some weekends when it's just appropriate to order a pizza or some chinese. And contrary to popular belief, I'm not perfect. I do not follow my diet plan in the exact perfect manner I should, I do still eat a chickfila sandwich sometimes, and I don't always work out when I really should. Again, this is MY choice to live a predominantly vegan lifestyle for health reasons. I do think it is attainable to be 100% vegan, but for me personally, I'm happy with eating vegan during the week, aiming to eat healthy over the weekend, but allowing there to be meat/dairy if the opportunity arises. Who knows, maybe after some time I'll feel differently. I do feel healthier now than I did before, and the whole goal is to be healthy. An occasional burger is not going to kill me (literally).
There is a small part of me that kinda sorta tosses around the idea of running a marathon. *gasp*. I think I thrive off of goals and destroying them. There's such a strange pleasure that I get from pushing myself to run faster and farther during a run, no matter what my body is saying. I feel like the only thing that would hold me back from at least trying to run a marathon is the amount of time I'd have to commit in training. Long runs would end up taking a couple hours, and right now, I'm not sure I have those hours. I guess if I got up super early? Or ran with Em when she is ready to nap so she naps the whole time I'm sweating my butt off? I'm not sure. Just something I'm thinking about and have been for awhile. Before I start a "real" job, while I'm still a student, while I'm just a mother of one...why not? Hmm...

No comments:
Post a Comment