I, Cheurice, am going to run a half marathon. No set date, but it's gonna happen. Don't believe me? Watch. No doubt, I'll get tired, I'll wanna give up, but I can't. I won't. I gotta do this. No, I wanna do this. :)
Tonight was a huge milestone for me. I have been jogging 7 times over the last 2 weeks. I am trying to jog 6 days a week, but that's not always possible. Tonight though, I made it 3 WHOLE MILES. 3.
It wasn't easy. My body wanted to stop several times, but I pushed myself harder than ever. I jogged 3 miles in 28 minutes. Anyway, story time. It was about 7ish at night, and there were these packs of gnats. I'd call them a wolfpack just about...but a gnatpack in reality. They traveled in huge swarms and it was terrible. Why? Because one way or another, they got into my body. Through my nose and through my mouth each time I breathed. They probably went through my ears, too. At one point, I got one in my eye. I kept jogging anyway until I was able to pause my smartrunner. I was not about to let some dumb insect ruin my time. Finally I paused it, and got the stupid thing out...and then kept running. I feel like I still have random gnats in me, but whatever. I didn't let them stop me.
Emmalyn normally enjoys our jogs. She sits, in what I call her chariot of a stroller, and is quiet. Not tonight. She chucked her bottle out of the stroller, and watched as I continued to jog while picking up her bottle as well. She babbled at every runner/biker who came by, and insisted I run faster if I even tried to slow down. Oh, well. Emmalyn keeps it interesting. I think once I run alone, my time will be even faster, but I wouldn't leave her behind if it's a beautiful day. She's my little companion. :)
So that's it, I reached 3 miles. 11 more miles to go until I reach my goal. I can do this.
tesy
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment