Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Saturday, September 24, 2011

headphone thieves & a new mindset.

You know, you always hear about the socks that just go missing and the bobbypins that must have legs. You don't hear about the headphones with wings. Frustrating. Both my mom's headphones and mine have now just disappeared. o.O I'm thinking this thief resembles either my 16 yr old brother or my 13 yr old brother. I decided to still run, without my beloved headphones. It sucked. It took not even a quarter mile before I decided to just use my iphone's ipod for music. Yes, everyone I passed could hear whatever I was listening to, but I didn't care. Getting lost in the music only helps each mile pass by and today music helped me run 3.11 miles in 32 mins 53s. My next investment will be a new and nicer pair of headphones, along with a lockbox. ;)
Something neat happened today which sparked a revelation. I passed by a young man who was barely able to walk. His caregiver was beside him, and yet he was enjoying every moment of being outside, walking as far as he could. I'm not sure what was wrong, but he looked like he was suffering from a genetic thing of some sort. No, not suffering but living with his condition and making the most of it. I realized today that I have this blessing, this privilege that not everyone has.

I don't have to run, I GET to run.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment