Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

i've gadgets & gizmos aplenty.

Worst. Jog. Ever. I don't know how people ran with no gadgets or gizmos years ago. I had my experience of that today, and I don't ever want to do that again. I learned that I cannot have my music & my smartrunner app on together when I only have 18% battery life left. I was too lazy to plug my phone in last night...bad mistake. Only a half mile in, I realized I needed to turn off my music because I wanted to keep my mileage/time going on the smartrunner. Terrible. Each step took forever. After almost 2 & a half miles in, I saw I had 2% left and needed to still jog another half mile. I stopped my smartrunner and my phone took its last breath and died. SAD! Oh, forgot to mention something...it was almost 10:30am & had to be back by 11am before my mom left since she was listening for Emmalyn while she napped.

It was 72 degrees and once my phone died, I had no idea what time it was. So I killed myself jogging, no running. I kept playing tricks on my mind. "A rabid coyote is chasing you." "A bad guy is chasing you." That worked for a time...but eventually, I was just too tired to even play mind tricks. I had to keep going at that pace because I just knew it had to be 11am. I ran over 3 miles in less than 30 minutes, but I have no proof since my gadget died. :/ Oh, well. I made it by 11am. I practically fell into the house with super red face, hair plastered to my face, and sticky clothes. The shower after was life-changing. Lessons learned: gadgets are awesome when charged and never plan a run under time constraints.

No comments:

Post a Comment