Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cow status

WORKOUT: Nothing since Saturday.

Once upon a time, I ran 13.1 miles in a day and burned roughly 1300 calories. On that day, I ate all day long and relished in my victory and the fact that I was "allowed" to eat everything in sight because, after all, I had run a half marathon and my body NEEDED it. Psh, even 4 days later I'm still grazing like a famished cow. Something's wrong here. 
 
I am still sore. Still. I can't even believe this, really. In my mind, I'm ready to run again. But the second I try to stand up, my quads scream profanities at me. They hurt so, so, bad. Today is the first day that I'm not stumbling around like a drunk because my leg muscles are locking up. Yes, I'm drinking tons of water and eating bananas like crazy. I think my problem came from not stretching well after the hilly 13.1. I was so delusional after finishing, that I really didn't recover like I had planned. I did get my chocolate milk but only because the volunteers were shoving foods/liquids into my hands obsessively. I'm hoping tomorrow I will be able to do something to break a sweat. The closest thing to a workout I get right now is following Emmalyn around. Man, she is into EVERYTHING and she's so sly. Speaking of her, she's awake from her nap. 

Break a sweat for me, guys! I miss it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment