Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Friday, May 4, 2012

Post-Race Blues

 Workout: NOTHING. Again. 

I think I figured out my problem...I'm sad. Even though my daughter is healthy & happy, even though I just wrapped up my first semester of being back in school with 5 A's, even though I just passed my first PRAXIS exam (1st of 3 national teacher education exams), even though I completed my 1st half marathon successfully, even though every area in my life is where I really want it, I'm sad because of one thing...I no longer have a race to countdown to. I google'd it and it's a legit thing that runners sometimes get, "The Post-Race Blues." For 8 months, I had a huge goal to work towards with lots training and dedication, & now I am left with NOTHING. It's so weird. I have no energy and a huge appetite. I just scarfed down like 18 fig newtons. Ugh.This is the closest to being depressed I ever wanna be. Our minds are so tricky sometimes.

So, I am revamping my fitness goal. I do not have to throw out $100.00 for another half marathon this year, I can wait until next year. Running long distance isn't the only way to feel healthy and happy, Cheurice. Working up a sweat every day in some way brings a form of happiness for me personally. So, new goal? To complete bodyrock.tv's 30 day challenge. I'm going to continue running 4-5 miles at a time a few times a week, but my long distance runs won't happen as often, if at all. I'm going to work on strength training and short/hill runs for the next 30 days. After that, I'll readjust & make a new short-term goal.

If you're also tired of feeling gross mentally and/or physically, then join me. Exercise & Clean Eating does the mind & body good! 

Water + Healthy Foods + 30 day challenge starting tomorrow...let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment