Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

hill-acious

Workout: 4.01 miles of hills/37:55. 

I decided since I wasn't sore (didn't work out hard enough at the gym yesterday, apparently) that I would go for a run today. I chose the hilly route a.k.a. the peaks & valleys trail. I decided to really just take it all easy and not push myself too hard to run fast. After all, it was 86* outside & it was 3:30pm. Once you get that ounce of motivation, you really gotta go for it. So I did! My legs should hate me tomorrow, but my arms & abs are next on the list for abuse exercise. :) 
Before the hills..
After the hills...haha.
Gonna go purchase some form of a whey protein shake something another for my breakfasts....ha, I sound so intelligent.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! So I've been looking into getting better running shoes..what kind do you buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, I got Nike this time. Long story short, I had a gift card. I am not a huge fan, though. My next pair will either be brooks or new balance. Make sure to get your foot "fitted" and examined before purchasing just a random shoe. Not all running shoes fit all. :)

      Delete
    2. So true! I usually buy Asics and have loved them thus far (but I have only been working out and this past year started running more), but did not know if there was anything better out there for running as opposed to just working out. I'll look in to it. Thanks!

      Delete