Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Puke in a bottle

Workout: 4.76 hills/43:03

Woo! Another almost 5 miles of hills in the books. While it is nice to just run for your own sake, I am beginning to miss my training schedule. I'm already thinking about August, when I'll start back up with training for another half. I am planning to get a new pair of running shoes, since these Nikes I have are really starting to lose their support. I would never go with Nike again, by the way. I really only did because I had a gift card, and since I'm not rich or anything, it was the smartest decision at that point. I'm not planning to be rich by August, but I have a much better budget now so my money isn't just disappearing.  Weird how that happens when you don't pay attention.

Anyway, I need help. The protein mix I got tastes like dirty feet. Really. I tried mixing it with frozen fruit and some skim milk, but I think I put too much liquid in it because it was just tasted like blehh and was super liquid-y. Any suggestions? Any favorite lean protein mixes? I have to finish what I paid money for, but once it's all gone, I'm going to try a whole different kind. 
Super nasty puke protein drink.

3 comments:

  1. What kind did you try? We've tried EAS the chocolate kind and I like it, but I was thinking about trying something different. Maybe I won't though because I don't want one that tastes gross since they're SOOOO expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use EAS as well, the vanilla soy. Test various amounts of powder per glass – with the right amount, it really just tastes and has the consistency of soy milk. It's maybe less protein than other powders, but I've tried several, and I'm happiest with EAS so far.

    ReplyDelete