Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

i'm still alive.

The last 2 & a half months have been crazy. Summer school, moving, custody battles, mom, girlfriend, etc. Everything has been keeping me pretty preoccupied. Being preoccupied from the scale wasn't too bad mentally, but horribly physically. I can't be the only one who lays in bed at night saying: "Tomorrow, I'm going to snack on fruits/veggies. I'm going to eat one salad a day, and only one meal with bread. I'll drink at least 64oz of water. I will work up a sweat somehow." But...then tomorrow comes. So repeat the previous night's thought patterns at the end of tomorrow's day and you have my current pattern since April 28th (my half marathon). Then comes the scale. I have been avoiding it. Somehow seeing numbers on top of feeling fat is just ten times worse than just wondering if you're getting fat. I don't care if my clothes are getting less flattering (ok, actually I do) but when I see a higher number on the scale, I'm like...shiz, look what I did. So, ladies & gents, in the past 2 & a half months of doing NOTHING [physically] I have officially put on 8 lbs. Ocho. Acht. 8. Ugh. And yes, the beach vacation over labor day is still happening. Why is it so hard to get back on eating rabbit food and less processed food when you've fallen off the health wagon so hard? Somehow I've gotta get back into a lifestyle mindset, not a diet. Until then, time to go for a run. It's 6:10pm in central TN and I'm going to go run some hills in 90 degree weather. I feel like I deserve some punishment in the heat after the last 8+ weeks of bad behavior. Ha. I'll be lucky if I get 1 mile in at this point.
I'll try to get back to ya'll & let you known if I feel reborn after this....

2 comments:

  1. you can do it cheurice! you are a strong girl..once you get back into your rythmn you will feel back to yourself again...im the same way...if i stop i have a hard time getting back into it, but after some time i eventually get back on track and it becomes easier again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can do it. You are so amazing and we all have times like this. I HAVE to get back on it for my first 5k and I know you will too. Thanks for the advice on the clothes. I went to Target and got compression shorts, a tee, and a tank. Made a WORLD of a difference running in the 102* here. Found a running buddy and his route includes hills. Pretty sure I will feel it tomorrow but just shy of 2 miles later...I feel great. Keep it up girl. I totally believe in you : )

    ReplyDelete