Workout: I went for the hills with a 4 mile run.
Even though I was sore (wicked sore, ow) from my bodyrock workout yesterday, I couldn't help myself. I took up an opportunity to go a run solo today, & I was excited to go farther than a couple miles since I wouldn't be pushing my co-pilot up & down them with me. It wasn't an easy run, but a challenge is always nice, especially when you overcome it. I realized that when I am getting tired, like, someone-please-shoot-me-tired, I am very ADD. I distract myself by being EXTREMELY observant, and I change to a new thought every few seconds. Like, "Aww a blue bird! Woah, why is that pavement painted black in that spot? I wonder when that tree got struck by lightening. Eww, that guy's pony tail is longer than mine. Great, another bug in my eye." See? I'm like that dog on UP, "SQUIRREL!" It works, though. I have never not completed a run that I have started. I might have taken a 15 second breath break in the shade (c'mon, interval training, right?) but I never just walked home. Distract yourself. Act like something is chasing you, that's a fun one. Play "roadkill" by finding someone ahead of you, catching up to them, and then "killing" them by passing them. It's fun & your mind forgets you're running for a bit.
And at the end of your run, you get to look like this sexy beast...
![]() |
| The heat got to me... |


No comments:
Post a Comment