Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pilates

Workout: 30 minutes of pilates

You know, if you just watch a Pilates workout, it doesn't seem like it's really a work out. The instructor's voice is so calm and she isn't profusely sweating. But lemme tell you, it's GREAT. My muscles are SHAKING. It's famous for creating long, lean, and fit bodies. It's also been found to promote a high self-esteem and a heightened lifestyle consciousness. <--- Bonus?! This particuliar workout is what's up. I do a cardio workout (running on hills) one day, and strength training (either bodyrock or pilates) the next. Sundays are my rest day. I'm feeling much better about myself than I did 2 weeks ago, even if the scale isn't saying so. As a reminder to myself, the scale should never be our ultimate determining factor of how we feel.

Oh, and FYI- I reached 300 miles of running since January 2nd of this year. Considering next month kicks off my 2nd round of half marathon training, I should get to 600 easily by the end of the year. Game on!

2 comments:

  1. Geez you inspire me so much! I need to pick up my regular running again. And 600 miles is an awesome goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Adrienne - you my dear inspire me with all your insanity shiz! Besides running, I haven't ever worked out over an hour!

      Delete