Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Monday, July 23, 2012

Another 3,500 calories gone.

Workout: 2.56 miles with Emmi
Weigh-in results: I weigh one pound less than I did last Monday.

I have to admit, today was a hard day to get out of the house and run. I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe I was feeling disappointed in just losing a pound, again. I know, a pound is still better than nothing, but I worked my butt off with workouts/eating well. I'm just believing my lean muscle is taking over. Yeah. So anyway, Emmalyn started pointing outside, like she knew I needed to get off my butt & go run. I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride, & she got all giddy and smiled. On some days, I love the challenge- feeling my heart beat out of my chest, sweat dripping off my body, the heat from the sun pounding my shoulders, and my arms feeling shaky from pushing the stroller up and down the hills, but today, I would have loved to have little E's spot for our runs.
That's right - two lollipops. And she chucked them both overboard within the first 1/4 mile...the squirrels will be pleased.
 Just sitting all cozy in the stroller while watching for birds/dogs/cows. Oh yeah, when she starts getting restless, I trick the poor thing. "Oh, I saw a cow! Did you see it?!" That tends to buy me a few extra minutes, then I'll act like I saw another animal, and then she's back on the prowl trying to find it. One day I actually saw a cat, so I didn't feel so bad. Mean mommy.

It's official - the plane tickets have been purchased for our trip to Texas. Ahh. I am so EXCITED to go for a run on the beach! 
Another run done!

No comments:

Post a Comment