I weighed in today, and I lost 1lb this week. I can feel a difference in me that feels like more than a pound lost...which means I've lost inches. Those bodyrock workouts create lean muscle. I'll lose some weight, sure. But I will also be gaining lean muscle. And what's better? Being "light" on the scale but kinda flabby under the clothes, or looking trim and toned in person but weigh a bit more? I like the second one.
I am hooked on a new show. Other than the Emily Maynard saga ongoing with just 2 men left, I just stared watching abc's Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. It is so inspiring. This chick named Ashley weighed in at 323 pounds on her 20th birthday, and the show followed her for a year with a trainer who helped her get down to 167 pounds by her 21st birthday. You see her struggle, work hard, have victories, have losses, and you see her change on the inside and out. I really recommend watching the show. It makes me feel empowered. You can watch online, too.
It's a rainy day, but I hope to still get out and get a run in today. If not, there will be healthy food & lots of water no matter what!

Love, love, love Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition! I definitely agree that toned, but weighing more is better than flabby and being skinny. I'm going to be weighing myself tomorrow after doing a weeks worth of Insanity and I hope that it has paid off!
ReplyDeleteAh! Me too! How was your weigh-in? I'm sure even if the scale doesn't budge that your pants have! :)
ReplyDeleteIt went good! Only lost a pound but hopefully that means I'm gaining muscle. I just want muscle definition and the new girl they added to bodyrock....the mother of 3 really puts me to shame lol Oh well....I'm working on it!
ReplyDelete