Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Grumpy

Workout: NOTHING. 

Today, I woke up at 6:30am. Emmalyn woke up at 6:30am. For a baby who normally sleeps 'til 8:30-9ish, this was shocking. I stayed up until 12:45am studying for finals, and today just didn't start well at all. I had a charming, spunky ball of babyness bursting with joy while I was just groggy, grumpy, and energy-less. No coffee. No tea. Nothing to revive my zombie status. It was rough. Once she napped, I did what any sleep-deprived college student would do...FORCED MY EYE BALLS OPEN AND STUDIED FOR FINALS AGAIN. Awesome. Last week of summer classes...last stupid week.

Once upon a time, I did a facebook challenge to see how many people would "like" my status and therefore commit me to running a whole mile for each "like." I reached 100 by midnight, which was my unannounced cut-off time. 100. I have 100 miles to run in only 28 days. Wanna know how I started day 1 of 28? Oh, I laced up my running shoes alright. I laced them babies up and went straight to class...oh, and stopped for a coffee on campus. Revived.
it's a start, right?
Triggers. Yep, I realized I have 3 triggers for poor eating/no exercise. One - lack of sleep. Two- stress. Three- my period. I'm currently handling all three. Wahh. Watch out for yours...now that I have identified them, I'll be better prepared. Let's just hope day 2 of the challenge is more productive...

1 comment:

  1. You're allowed 3 triggers...most woman have more! I think that's why I just now stopped breast feeding...I HATE, HATE, HATE my period. I remember those all-nighters (without a baby), I couldn't imagine it with. Get some sleep, then lace up your shoes, and you'll be ready to run anywhere! Good luck (now I kind of feel bad for liking your status)...I'll go back and unlike it!

    ReplyDelete