Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Thursday, July 19, 2012

harder, better, faster, stronger

Workout: 2 mile hilly run with Em. 
Saying Cheese...
Little E & I are totally finding a good routine with mommy's workouts & new ways of getting her to sit still in the stroller for my runs. Today, I used M&M's in a small bowl for her to munch on. She was eating calories while I was burning them, seems fair - right? I can't believe when I was "just" a young woman -no kids, no relationships, no college, no STRESS, that I wasn't in shape. I had ALL the time in the world! I have to juggle so much now just to get a quick 30 minute workout in a day...not to mention a shower somehow within a decent amount of time. If you have no children, you better be in wicked good shape, you have no excuse. I realize though, MAKING time for a workout feels so much more accomplishing than just having the time and only working out 30 minutes. I thought getting pregnant (on top of being 15-20 lbs overweight) was going to just destroy me. I'd be that mom in the mom jeans with tiger scratches all over her body. But I survived. I'm smaller now, stronger, better, & more healthy than I've ever been. I have my sweet Emmi to thank for that...when I was pregnant with her, she inspired me to be better, healthier, etc. I started learning what and how to eat, how to exercise, how to stretch, and how to find what makes ME happy. Fitness makes me happy. Running and strength training. Pilates. Finding new, healthy recipes to add to my old ones gets me excited. Trying new vegetables and fruits. Switching out my "white devils." Fitness & nutrition has to be an adventure filled with explorations. Find something to inspire you. I recommend not getting pregnant as your way of getting inspired to be healthy. Children are cute & precious, but refer back to the beginning of this post...you'll fight for time for yourself eventually.Ha.
I choose to be covered in sweat instead of covered  in clothes at the beach....

1 comment:

  1. I was talking with God in the beginning of the year and he told me i am entering a season where i need to become spiritually fit and physically fit...well the spiritual part is still happening just as the physical part, but i didnt really need much motivation for that..my love for God was enough. However, i DESPERATELY needed motivation for the physical part and I just want to say that God used your journey to be my motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete