Eggplant. Eggplant? What to do with an eggplant? I want to try it, but now I'm just staring at it. "It looks like an alien."-Justin. So...a new vegetable to experiment with. This should be fun! I met a vegan at Trader Joes today, she was so...so...healthy looking? Like, glowing. Her eyes looked stunning (and no makeup, BTW) and her skin was just so fresh. She's been a vegan for almost a year now, and says she won't ever go back. I told her about my vegan brownies and felt like the coolest person ever because she honestly seemed super excited about it. *pats self on back* I love Trader Joes, so much.
I have to be honest. This is a blog, and this is my blog, so honesty is policy, right? Right. I'm going to say this really fast, so keep up. Or just skip the following paragraph. No big.
Umm...
JUSTINANDITOOKADAYOFVEGANRESTANDATEPIZZAYESTERDAY.
Did you understand that? No? Well, don't go read it again. Just continue on your merry little way like that never happened. Ha. But on the reals, I felt so gross afterwards & even today I feel so blahh. We (J-man & I) decided that we need to not get fixated and religious about this new lifestyle, and we can have some of our old foods from time to time. 90% healthy eating is better than none!
I went for a run the other day, a 4 mile'r. It was nice! I found a new trail that looks like it goes on forever! I was hoping to go run farther on it today, but it's so rainy. Womp. So maybe tomorrow, instead. Or today in the rain. New trails are so tempting!
We are going on week 3 of veganism, it's time to get back into working out. The excuse of adjusting to all this new food stuff is over, I'm ready to train for my 2nd half marathon! :) 1:45 or under, that's this time's goal. I'm gonna destroyyyy that goal.

I'm thoroughly enjoying following your updates! I'm so happy for you!! I can tell by your blogs that veganism is seriously a huge positive for you! That's awesome. All your food pictures make me drool. Your vegan recipes all look delicious. It's all about being creative and adventurous, huh? :] Good luck with that eggplant! I'm excited to see what you make of it! I want to try my hand at cooking brussel sprouts sometime soon. I've never been a huge fan so I want to find a way to cook them that I actually like, haha.
ReplyDeleteI had the same experience with eggplant. I hemmed and hawed over it so long that it went bad before I even got to use it! Eggplant would work great in spaghetti or as a "crust" in a vegan pizza. I've seen it baked with a brushing of oil and panko and then topped with pizza sauce and then some vegan cheese for a mini pizza...think of that next time you have a craving :P
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, nobody, especially people just starting out are perfect at being vegan 100%. Non vegan junk food every once in a while is honestly the best way to keep you going because otherwise you feel deprived. I also may or may not have had a few doritos that Jon had lying around the house...so I'm just as guilty! haha
It's ok to have a cheat day. Oh, and I wish I could just not workout for a while and then go run 4 miles....buuutttt I can't lol. It's been cold/ rainy here so I haven't run in about a week. Guess I'll be back to running 1.5 miles to work myself up again
ReplyDelete