Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Monday, September 10, 2012

vegan update

Today is day 6 of our new lifestyle, and as of yesterday, we are all really noticing the effects. We haven't had dairy, eggs, or any animal protein in SIX DAYS. You'd think that was difficult, but look at these meals we have been eating... 
vegetable-infused meatless spaghetti

she even ate the broccoli in the sauce, so happy

leftovers made for a quick meal!

breakfast option: oatmeal, simple & delicious

this meal is my favorite so far! the kale was scrumptious

As you can see, we aren't starving. We aren't lacking in different tastes and options, and these are just the meals I actually took a photo of! This morning I had cheerios with a sprinkle of sugar on top in unsweetened almond milk. It literally tasted like lucky charms, but without all that crap in it. And marshmallows. But really, it was good.
"Everything seems brighter." J-man. I couldn't have said it better myself. I haven't had coffee in 6 days, not because it's "not allowed" but because I have to have creamer and the soy creamer wasn't cutting it, so I just gave it up. Will I have coffee from time to time? Yes. But even without caffeine, my mood and alertness is surprisingly good & will only get better, so I hear.
Some not so fun parts of this change are the detox effects. Bloating. Taking forever to fall asleep. Acne. Yep, real life here people. I look like I'm pregnant (you know, can't suck in...) but that's ok. Soon my body will adjust. I have been so used to a super acidic diet, and now it's more of an alkaline diet. More fiber and less fat. Etc.
All in all, I'm very pleased about this whole thing. And the fact that little E is really tasting a lot of different veggies and liking many of them is encouraging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment