Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Thursday, September 6, 2012

vacation recap and day 1 of veganism


Texas was such a blast. We did so much in the short 5 days we were there. From the moment we touched down, we had plans. Babyshowers, beach trips, haircuts, meetups with friends, dinners with family, etc. I'm not surprised I only managed to squeeze in 2 runs during the trip. Running on the beach was everything and more than I thought it would be. I only wished I woke up earlier so I could have been on the beach as the sun rose and I also would have had a longer run. I ran with no music for all 3 miles. The sounds of the waves and birds kept me pretty occupied. My thighs definitely got more of a workout than they have in a 10 mile run, that's for sure. If only I lived near the beach...if only.
Little E was fearless when it came to the ocean water. As soon as we got there, she  ran super fast straight to the water. 
It took her awhile to get over getting dirty, but we finally had fun in the mud.

She was exhausted by the end of the day. 

After a jam-packed vacation, we got home and just collapsed for nap times. I got these books from J-man's sister-in-law. They are amazing. Getting to the store to prep for week one of going vegan just wasn't happening. I finally got to trader joe's yesterday, and I realized if I had all the money in the world. My clothes probably wouldn't change much, but I would buy EVERYTHING in that store. It was such a glorious place. It really wasn't expensive, but there were tons of things I wanted to buy but resisted in order to stay within my weekly budget. Today is day 1 of this whole lifestyle change. So far, so good. I never imagined I would be one of those people checking food labels for "vegan approved" or "no milk or eggs." Or the person who skips the whole meat section. I also never imagined I would watch a documentary that would change my little family's life, either. I will be writing how this whole thing goes, different meals I'm trying, different snacks, how we are all feeling, etc. Tonight we are having black beans, brown rice, avocado, salsa, extra firm tofu, and spinach wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla. If it tastes anything like it sounds, this is going to be easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment