Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I don't miss a thang.

Gosh, I am LOVING how I am feeling. I feel empowered, stronger, and so much healthier. I have been dying to go for a run, but this week has been the busiest of crazy times with school, so tomorrow is my first opportunity. I'm so pumped. I don't miss meat, I don't miss dairy, and I don't miss eggs. I am learning what to substitute in a normal recipe to make it vegan appropriate. Every meal is an adventure & the thrill at the end of tasting the first bite makes every questionable moment during preparation worth it. I needed coffee I needed to be awake for my super long night class yesterday, so I stopped at starbucks and got a soy milk pumpkin spice latte, which was fabulous. 
I completely understand how people can be a vegan, I never understood before. "How do they eat? That sounds boring. No steak and A1? No scrambled eggs and cheese?" I think it's like when you start losing weight, you step on the scale and have lost 2 pounds, you just get motivated to keep going. It's working & you're feeling great. Why stop? I'm there. I'm only on week 2, and I am already reaping the benefits. My mom came to visit us the other day, which meant she was taste-testing so many of my cool snacks/foods. She actually liked them. I say "actually" because she's been pretty skeptical of all this, haha. She'll be a believer in no time.
Meals: My most recent favorites have been my brownies from tonight and a simple salad attacked with a ton of vegetables. Yum. Here's the link to the recipe for the 1 minute coffee cake. (I used applesauce in place of the oil//butter and did 2 T of wheat flour and 1 T of white). For my brownies tonight, I substituted a banana in for the egg. You know what was awesome? Eating some of the batter and not worrying about salmonella. Yum. Oh, and I did try some meat-less beef tonight. It wasn't gross, but it just felt unnecessary? The tacos would have been just as good without it. And one less processed food.
Just wanted to do a shout-out real quick. No lifestyle change is easily made without support. So to Justin, Cara, Emily, Allen, Mom, Alayna, Adrienne, and Aunt Rhonda, thank you. I know I have to be forgetting someone, but please know, you mean more than my memory can say right now. ;) 

Here's a glimpse of some of the foods I've made since the last time: 
1 minute coffee cake.
Simple & tasty snack

My salad bomb of veggies

the lovely caffeinated beverage that kept me awake until 2am.

amazeballs.

from today, still yum.

a trader joe brownie mix that I used.

my sweet tooth was conquered.

1 comment:

  1. Your brownie looks delish!! Is it the one made with zucchini? Because I've seen a recipe for them and I am bound and determined to try them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete