Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Thursday, September 20, 2012

No coffee necessary.

Workout: bodyrock & a 3 mile run 

Slowly but surely, I'll be getting back into training for another half marathon. I can feel how out of shape I am and even see how out of shape I am, yet it's not easy to work out. How is it that I can look at pictures, PICTURES OF MYSELF EVEN, and like what I looked like 10 pounds lighter, yet STILL have little motivation to workout? Questions, questions. 

Cooking meals with a toddler is getting interesting. Ever since I let her sit on the counter to watch (1 night forever ago), she insists I let her watch every time because of her intense memory skills. It was cute. That first time. But now she's not as entertained watching me, so she gets into things she normally can't reach or that I'm cooking with. Yesterday, she dumped the rest of my brown rice all over the counter/floor. My lentils got really...squishy? from cooking too long.  I accidentally put a potholder too close to a burner and, well,  it burned. I could have swore I turned that burner off, too. That smelled great. Not. At least all the casualties didn't include little E or myself. On the bright side, dinner was still good. Somehow. 

So, I've lost almost 2 pounds since starting this vegan lifestyle. That's not a lot, but considering I've worked out like never a handful of times since starting, it's pretty good. I'll take it. I wake up at sometime before 8am every day, without an alarm clock. I feel wide awake, too. No coffee needed. That's really neat. 
snack time of quinoa/black bean chips & hummus.

black bean burger!

coconut milk ice cream...delicious.

snuck sweet potatoes into her oatmeal with flaxseeds.

the dinner that magically tasted good despite nearly burning the house down.

1 comment:

  1. That coconut milk ice cream is seriously like crack. I thought it would have funky aftertaste, but it's better than regular ice cream in my opinion..haha. I find myself waking up early without any needed "help" either. Coffee actually makes me feel terrible if I have it.

    ReplyDelete