Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

8 miles.

WORKOUT: 8 miles/1:17.
8 miles. I made it to the 8 mile point in my journey to a half marathon. I have been including tons of hills while on vacation. Hills give me thrills! ...Not. At least once you get to the top, it's always an easy breezy jog downwards. My poor knees have been so sore, though. They aren't used to the stress of running up & down hills. Oh, well. I am so excited. :) 
I passed a sweet, elderly man that was checking his mail as I was passing his house. He was so cute. He asked me, "How far ya goin', lil lady?" "8 miles today, I'm almost 6 miles in now, so I'm getting happy." "Oh, that's great. I swam a mile & a half today, so I feel pretty happy, too. Reach your goals!" I just smiled & kept running, but that sweet old man gave me the last boost of energy that I needed to finish strong today. God bless him. :) 











1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13.1

No comments:

Post a Comment