Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Monday, April 16, 2012

$150,000

WORKOUT: 12 minute bodyrock.tv workout & tons of extra pushups/situps/lunges. 

Watching the Boston Marathon totally pumped me up! Man, if I could be a Kenyan runner for a day, I'd run all day long. They are phenomenal & train hardcore! Sharon Cherop won the women's marathon today with a 2:31:50 despite the crazy hot temps & the need to sprint down the last 600 ms of the race. I can't imagine running 25+ miles in the heat and then having the energy & adrenaline left to SPRINT. Jeeze! Even though it was the "slowest finish time" for Boston since 1985, that woman owned it today considering the circumstances. :) Wesley Korir of Kenya won the men's race with a 2:12:40 time. Both winners received $150,000, EACH. I think I could run barefoot on shards of glass for 26.2 miles if that prize was on the line for me. Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment