Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

messed up

WORKOUT: 10 minutes of cardio/situps/pushups/leg work/crap.

CONFESSION: I have royally messed up my entire 3rd week of my "diet." Sabotaged. Destroyed. Demolished. Screwed. Etc. Etc. Etc. I couldn't even crank out more than 10 minutes of a workout because I'm just so gross feeling and have no energy. Did the over abundance of chocolate and girl scout cookies taste good? For sure. Does this feeling I have now feel good? NO. One serving of each would have been fine, not 4-5 servings. In one setting. By myself. Yes, I went there. I need to remember this experience so the next time I want a treat, I won't go overboard.

I am at a point where I can:
Keep complaining. 
Give up. 
Starve myself. 
Call myself names. 
Blame it on Easter.
Start fresh today. 

I normally weigh in on Wednesdays. Will I tomorrow? Absolutely. I will be accountable to the aftermath of my own doing. And it will be okay. I will be back on track with eating healthy and working up a sweat every day in some manner. This fitness journey is just that, a journey. It's from moments like this that we learn and grow more. If you have messed up as well, drink a glass of water and make better choices from now on. It's all we can do. Everyone has a slip up in their journey, but not everyone keeps going, and I would rather say I did it than to say I gave up. 


1 comment:

  1. It's what makes you real too. We all mess up sometimes, and how inspiring would your blog be to others if you never messed up? It would set an unattainable bar for the rest of us who read your blog for inspiration on our own journeys. So keep your chin up. You're doing great! (Oh, and you also just reassured your body that there is no famine coming...so don't sweat it too much.) :)

    ReplyDelete