Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm a hero.

WORKOUT: 10.01 miles in 1 hour & 19 minutes.

My sister watched Emmalyn for me so I could get a long run in. It was so pretty out. I even rescued a baby turtle from the middle of the path, too. Heroic moment of the day = done. And a huge snake was crossing the path later on...but no, I did not save it. I ran as far to the side as possible & prayed a biker would run it over.

So I wanted to work on "splits" today. Basically, there are positive & negative splits in every run. My plan was to run the 1st mile at a slow, warm up pace. Then for the rest to be positive & negative (fast and slow, on and off). Oh, and I wanted to see if I could run 2 miles straight under 8 minutes. I think I did pretty well altogether. Look....especially notice the 7:10 mile.

See my 7:10 mile? Look at it. It's beautiful.
By the way, did you see how fast I ran the 3rd mile? Ok, yes. I'm proud. Ha. Consciously working on my splits made the run go pretty quickly. :) 

Time to shower and hang out with my family!! 


2 comments:

  1. Way to go! That's awesome! :)

    Hey, the endomondo app for Android has been lagging lately, have you had that problem with iPhone? I'm sure they'll fix it fast, but I was curious if it's across the board or just and Android problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for saving the baby turtle...as a turtle momma...I can't thank you enough. You are doing great things lady...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete