Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Trial run!

WORKOUT: 13.1 miles in 1:45:57. 

I haven't been working out much this week. I have been tapering such a lazy bum. Haha. So I decided last night that I was going to get up in the AM and run 13.1 miles. Straight. No stops, no breaks, no nothing but running. It really is a big mental game. If people could hear what I say to myself to keep going, it'd just be bad. I took 4 energy chomps with me to eat at miles 3, 6, 9, & 12. I finished all 13.1 miles, and my legs didn't hurt until I was done. My ankle was hurting a bit, which made me hope it wasn't because I took a pretty good tumble today. Man, it was epic. Luckily, my first (and last, please) fall happened on a trail in the woods with wet grass and holes in the ground randomly, with no one around. I was too busy watching for tigers and bears when I stepped into a hole that took me down. Hard. I literally slid across the grass head first like I was diving into home base in my high school years of softball. I was so muddy, but I really was only concerned that a) I wasn't too hurt to run more and b) I needed to get up asap because I was ruining my pace. I couldn't care less about the fact that my iphone was 7 feet away in mud and my water bottle was squished. HAHA. Runner problems.

I'm so proud of myself and am so excited about my half marathon now. I know I can do it, and I hope to be at or around 1:45 that day, too. :) 

3 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB!!! You are SO impressive and inspiring, Cheurice!! That's scary about your tumble- I'm glad you're okay! Sounds like you're ready to conquer your half marathon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a lazy bum this past week also, but awesome job on your 13.1 miles! You're going to do great on your half marathon. Can't wait until the day so I can cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete