Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ready.

Workout: 3.5 miles of hills with Emmalyn. 

Today was officially my last training run for my big day. I just peed my pants typing that. I can't believe that I'm done with training, and now all I have left is to strut my stuff like the running goddess I am for 13.1 miles Saturday morning. Ha. I'm so nervous/excited. I feel like I did when I was 40 weeks pregnant just waiting for Emmalyn to be born. I was so excited to meet her and finish what my body had been working on for 40 weeks, but I was SO NERVOUS about that day as well. Who would have thought that running a half marathon for the first time could be compared to labor and delivery of your first child? I feel ready though. I'm confident that I will finish under 2 hours, and I'm really aiming for under 1:45. Woah, dream big.

Time to get showered & ready to go to my very first race expo downtown. Rock & Roll Nashville, here I come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment