Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Because of her...

Workout: 3.78 miles with my co-pilot. 
Challenge: 50/100 miles. 

What a challenging 28 days this has been. Making time to run isn't easy when you're super busy. A couple times I got up early to run, ran late with the gnats, ran in the heat, ran while pushing Emmalyn, etc. I always had to just MAKE the run happen, even if the circumstances weren't the easiest. Once I (we) got out there, it was simple. The hardest part to any run really is getting out the door. 

So yesterday, Emmalyn & I were at the park. She's getting super fast on her almost 21 month old legs, so I thought we would try to run together. I can't wait for our "one mile dash" race or something when she's older. I love being an active and healthy-eating mom. It makes me happy to see her find new favorite snacks, like cherry tomatoes, to see her get all excited to show me she can run faster, or to find her slipping on my running shoes quietly. To have someone want to mimic my every move is both flattering and terrifying. Because of her, I continue to run and cook healthy. And because of her, I've got motivation to be the best person I can be, inside and out.  


1 comment:

  1. aww cutest video ever!! so glad you chose to share it!!! im so happy for you cheurice!

    ReplyDelete