Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pretty in Pink

Workout: 6 miles (Friday) and Painting all day (Saturday) 
Challenge: 18.75/100 miles. 

So, I was literally dressed & 5 minutes from the running trail  this morning when I heard thunder and started seeing the dark clouds coming. That. Sucked. So, my huge plan of running a million miles got squashed, but it's been a productive weekend anyway. 

I baked this for breakfast yesterday...
Click here if you'd like to try it out, it was so tasty & healthy. I changed a few things, like using almond milk instead of regular milk, cherries instead of blueberries, and honey instead of syrup. Also, I saved a few bucks and got a bag of dried cranberries/toasted sliced almonds from the salad topper section. $1.99 for the bag instead of $5.99 for raw almonds (that I was going to have to toast before hand) and $3.99 for a bag of dried cranberries. Winning.

Yesterday, J-man & I painted the ENTIRE living room and Emmi's room. We also replaced 2 toilet seats in my house, and cleaned like crazy. Can you tell little E is on her first 48 hour visit with her "other" family since June?! It's been a productive weekend, but necessary. I can't wait for her to come home today and see her bright pink room! Here's a sneak peek, although we have tons of ideas for more things for the walls & will be working on her reading nook in the near future. :) 
A dainty little pink color...I love it!
We are legit painters. Ha.

Painting 2 large rooms burns calories, right? ......

No comments:

Post a Comment