Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Thursday, March 8, 2012

WORKOUT: 2.75-3ish miles in ?? time...(didn't bring my phone with my running app)
I went running in the rain. Yep, it was thrilling. There's just something about running in the rain with a new music playlist in your ears. And jumping over human-sized earthworms. Seriously, why do those suckers come out when it's raining? Sickening. In TN, they breed those creepers about 2 lbs each, no kidding. I was disgusted. 
I brought out my old nano ipod and shielded it with a ziploc bag because I have to run with  music &  if the ziploc failed me, it wouldn't be nearly as heart breakening having the nano die compared to my iphone. My heart just skipped a beat thinking about that. Ahh.Who wants to hear yourself gasping for air when you can hear Carrie Underwood's new single instead? 
Jeeze, people. I brought my brother along. He is just starting out & was hilarious. "Oww, cramp. I have to stop.." blah blah, wimpy 16 year olds these days. I left him in the dust. Mwahahaha. 
Here's a photo of us before (crappy iphone 3gs camera, sorry):

1 comment:

  1. You are committed! I don't know if I would run in the rain, but maybe if I had a partner I would. What running app do you use? I want to work up to doing a 5k since the weather here is starting to get a lot nicer and the app would be super helpful.

    ReplyDelete