Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Sunday, March 4, 2012

WORKOUTS: Body Rock workouts & a 7.85 mile run in 1 hr & 3 minutes. 

Gosh, I love the bodyrock.tv workouts. They are so addicting. I feel so sore the next day after only 12 minutes of strength training. MMMM. I want to do another one today, even though I'm so sore from yesterday's run. 
Yesterday was my once-a-week running group meet up. We met downtown, again. Hope (remember, we ran together that first time dowtown) has not come back ever since. :( Did I scare her off? Wahh. So, there are two guys in my group who are currently the closest to my pace. Ricardo (who I named speedy gonzalez in my head once we started running) told me before we started that his pace was about 7:30, and Will said his was about 8:30. I figured I could run in between them and get a great run in. Actually, my first idea was to just push myself to run with Ricardo. I have to have someone with me, especially for down town runs, because I get lost wayy too easily. So we started the run. Ricardo's pace was more like 6:45's and Will's was more like 9:15's. Guess what happened? I had to keep up with speedy gonzalez for as long as possible. I looked at my app, and I had run 2 miles already in 15:01 minutes. That explained why I felt like my heart was screaming "STOP. RIGHT NOW. WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING TO ME, RIGHT THIS INSTANT." 
 My new goal was to just keep speedy ricky in sight, even if he was 34,000 feet steps of me. Eventually, I lost him. Yup, he took a turn on some street that I didn't see. So then I had to wait for Will to avoid being lost forever in Nashville. Once I could see him in the distance behind me, I'd look back at him at each intersection and he would point to the left, right, or straight to let me know which way to go. Ha! I have GOT to memorize next week's route so I can be independent and run like a free stallion horse. Luckily, my human GPS' don't seem to mind helping out, but still. Oh, well. I'm proud to have kept up with speedy gonzalez for so long. 

PS: Shout out to Eryn for making me a kick a$$ running mix 3 amazing running mixes. I'm forever indebted. Or, at least until I return the favor. Whichever. Thanks, girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment