Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WORKOUT: 7.01 mi/58:20 
Pretty day, pretty run, semi-cooperative child....good run altogether though. I weighed in today & lost 2 lbs in a week. 6 lbs to go until my goal weight! A 10lb weight loss can mean a runner finishes a mile approximately 1 minute quicker than originally. That's cool!! I'm always looking for ways to increase my speed & endurance.
By the way, I created something delish for lunch today. I used 1 tsp of olive oil in a skillet with one egg white. Sliced a thin slice of an avocado, toasted 2 pieces of whole wheat bread, and topped it with some spicy salsa & some part-skim mozzerella shredded cheese. Totally yummy & not bad in cals. :) Gotta mix up the food intake sometimes!

Here's Emmi & I before the 7 mile adventure. 
Don't let her sleepy face fool you, she was wide awake & mischievous the entire time.

4 comments:

  1. Every time you mention running and pushing her that many miles, I feel like surely I can push myself to run 2 to 3 miles pushing Mason. So keep it up so I can keep feeling motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yay, that's awesome! :) You CAN do it!! I think the first couple miles are the hardest...so push through them & the rest will be easier.

    ReplyDelete