Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WORKOUT: 4.66 miles/39:05 in 80+ weather. 

When TN says it's the 1st day of spring, I think it means the 1st day of summer. Oh, my gosh. I dressed more appropriate though. I wore a "special" shirt (forgive me for lacking the correct term for it) for heat & shorts. Yes, I busted out the shorts. I hate wearing shorts, especially when running...but I'd rather conquer my insecurity than over-heat. Any day.

Two things: I am now an official user & fan of the endomondo app. It is SO cool & so far, I have had no issues with it like I did the smartrunner app. Yay! Thanks, Misty. :) 

Also, I joined the Self magazine fitness challenge...lose 10 together!  I have a group called "Summer12bodies" that you should find & join. I'm drinking more water & eating more salads/fruits/veggies. I just had company here for a week & feel like I could roll around from eating so much food & desserts. Joining a fitness challenge was more than appealing this AM. Haha. 

Lunch today:
Yes, this is sideways. So delicious.


Carrie Underwood is such a beautiful singer & has such an amazing body. Ahh. She is on the cover of Self magazine for the April issue, I'm so excited to read it. Here is a couple things from her interview that I loved:

On how she has fun at the gym: "I have a game I love for when I'm working out on my own, without a trainer. I take a deck of cards and assign each suit a body area -- say, diamonds for arms, hearts for legs, spades for core and clubs for cardio. I split the deck in half and write down exercises for each suit, a different one for each half. So, if I flip over the six of hearts, I'll do six squats. If the next card is ace of diamonds, that's 14 push-ups. Sometimes I'll make spades boxing and beat the crap out of the bag for however many punches the number on the card says."
On her pre-event diet and workout routine: "I lay off starches. I'm not a fan of the no-carb thing; you're going to get yourself in trouble that way. So I have lots of veggies and fruit but no other starches or bread ... I do more cardio and fewer weights than usual. Although strength training is important, I don't want to look too muscular on the red carpet."

No comments:

Post a Comment