Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CONFESSION

WORKOUT: 3 miles in 25:00.
I realized last night, while laying in bed, that I could just stay after class on campus tonight & check out the gym. I ran on a treadmill for the first time in ages. I now know why I never stuck to working out in the previous years of my life. I used to work out at the gym on a treadmill or an elliptical when I was in a "health" craze. That never stuck, and I now know why. TREADMILLS ARE HORRIBLY BORING!! Oh, dear Lord. I could NOT make it to 5 miles. My knees were hurting & I just kept watching the mileage/calories burned. When I'm running outside, there might be a cute squirrel that runs in front of me, or maybe I pass a little girl peddling fast on her little bike with a huge smile. The distractions, change of scenery, and the fact that every run is a different run (when you're outside) has made it possible for me to stick to running faithfully for almost 6 months. You forget something is slightly uncomfortable, that your heart is racing, that you're dripping with sweat, etc. And if you ever do think about stopping, once you've gone 4 miles one direction, you realize you either have to run the 4 miles back to where you started or you'll have to walk. But either way, you have to get back home...why not keep up the speed & run? Treadmills will now be my absolute worst case scenario because man, that was just terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment