Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WORKOUT: 4 miles/33 mins & 29 secs.
Today's goal was 4 miles under 33 minutes. I realized during the first 2 miles of my runs, my mind really isn't in gear. Running really includes a lot of mental strength because your mind can be what actually holds you back from your long distances. Anyways, the first 2 miles were hard to get through. I kept wanting to stay at my comfortable pace (around 9:08 min miles) instead of pushing myself to be faster. Once I got over the 2 mile hump, my mind shut off and my legs turned on. I had to run super fast to try and meet my goal. I was only a few seconds over...NBD. Once the legs take over, it's much easier. It felt good to finally kick myself into turbo gear. I left the trail dripping in sweat and apparently dangling with spiders. EFF YOU SPIDERS. I had one swinging from its web off my body. SICK. I instantly turn into a 5 year old girl with strong ninja reflexes when a spider is anywhere near me and/or on me. The world would be so much better without them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment