Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Sunday, January 22, 2012

WORKOUT: 10 miles/1 hr 28 mins. 
I loved my run this morning. It felt so good to be out and to have time to go far. I really gotta keep up with this. Even though I only ran a few times last week, for only a few miles each, it didn't affect my long distance day's mileage, but my speed has been affected a bit. I'll find a balance soon. 

I also noticed that over the last couple weeks, I've slipped with my eating habits. A couple oreos here, late night cup of coffee there, etc. Oh, and my cup of coffee isn't black. It's white. With sugar. LOTS of sugar. I'm going to try and cut back on just how much I put in there, lol. And only allow 1 cup a day. That'd help too.
Blogging helps with accountability, and I haven't done that much lately either. Even looking at photos on tumblr and blogging a few sentences is better than nothing. Just like a 30 minute workout instead of nothing. Speaking of which, I think I'm gonna re-introduce the shred DVD on days I can't run. A short workout will help in the long run! ....pun intended. :) 

Also, I have been getting messages with questions about what to wear when running and where to buy clothes. From my experiences, layering is best. On a cold day, I'll wear my compression tights, a long sleeve polyester/spandex blend shirt, and a light jacket over it so when I get hot, I can wrap it around my waist. By that point, everything on your body will be warm from working out. Your body temperature can raise at least 10 degrees when running. It's nuts. I like to get mine from Academy. They have a less expensive brand there, and it works like a charm. BCG is where it's at. Kohl's has some nice fitness clothing, but it can be expensive unless on the clearance rack. Old Navy has some nice ones, I just haven't tried much besides the yoga pants, though.







No comments:

Post a Comment