Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I'M FREE!

Seriously, I woke up so excited today. It was like Christmas morning. On Christmas Eve, Last night, I laid out all my cold weather clothes & stuff for my run this AM. My heel lifts were magical. They seem to really make a difference, but I'll know more once I work back up to 6+ miles. The trail aged so much in a week & 2 days. And by aged, I mean branches withered away, the trails seem more open, little to no leaves on everything, and yeah...it was crazy to see. WINTER. 

Well, there's only 1 day left in November & my current mileage for this month is a pathetic 40.91 miles. I'm nowhere near my original 75 mile goal for this month, but the wisdom teeth just had to go & I had to respect my body. Waiting only a week after the extraction was a bit risky; I could feel some "heaviness" in my face, but running was totally worth the risk.
That's what we do as runners, we recognize our limits & defy them.
first run in lowest temp so far, 37*.

No comments:

Post a Comment