Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Monday, November 28, 2011

let is snow, let it snow, let is snooooow.

I went to see my podiatrist today. She looked at my feet, x-rayed them, and listened to me talk endlessly about how much I love running but I hate my achilles tendons. I have to go buy new shoes, that's for sure. Apparently, running in shoes that are over 6 months old is not ok. I have to choose a shoe that will bring stability to my "flexible feet." Also, for the next week I'm wearing heel lifts in my shoes when I run. If that doesn't work, then we will try some arch supports along with the heel lifts. Of course, all of this costs money so I'm hoping the heel lifts (most inexpensive fix) will work!

Tomorrow, it is supposed to be a high of 42 and a low of 32 with THE POSSIBLITY OF SNOW. Will I let this stop me from my first run in a week? I say heck to the no. Snow is not an excuse. My "competition" won't let snow stop them either. Race day in April won't care if there was snow either. See my point? No excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment