Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ok, I need to clarify something...

P90x is an extremely successful program, Tony Horton is a real guy with quirky statements, and any form of exercise is better than nothing! Considering the fact that Horton charges a lot for his program which takes a 90 day commitment, a strict diet, & more than an hour of working out each day, he obviously gets amazing results for people to continue taking on the P90x challenge. 

With that said, I can't say how important it is to find a form of exercise that fits YOU best. I have ignited some crazy spark in myself to crave sweat. If I am not dripping with sweat & my heart pumping out of my chest, I don't enjoy it. Strange, I know. As a busy mom, I have to get the best workout in the least amount of time just in case my daughter decides a 30 minute nap is enough instead of her usual 1-2 hour nap. Jillian Michael's style has taught me a lot. I love circuit training. I love working out my arms & then immediately switching to my legs to send the blood rushing back and forth...which is a quick way to burn a lot of calories! I really recommend Jillian's "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism." If I am not doing a DVD that day, I am going out for a run. My daughter is able to go with me in her stroller, if necessary. I am working out every day ONLY BECAUSE I have found what I enjoy doing, and what personally works for me (and my daughter). Find it for you!

Whether it's Kenpo X, Insanity, Swimming, or even Walking...it's all exercise! And no matter the intensity level, it is better than just sitting on the couch watching re-runs of Keeping up with the Kardashian's all day long. ;) Guilty pleasure of mine, though. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment