WORKOUT: 3 miles/??
Today was the first meet up with the other runners. It was so cool! Since it was raining like crazy, we went inside for our first run. Running 3 miles on a circular track means running in a circle 39 times. Thirty nine. BORING. I kept passing other runs, over & over & over. I felt bad at first, especially when I passed the same 3 guys 7 times, but then I just got proud. Haha! I've worked my butt off, and Saturday is normally my 10 mile'er so of course 3 miles wasn't a big deal to me personally. I tried to be nice & encouraging to the people just starting because just a few months ago, I was in their shoes. I finished first out of all 25ish of us...but I have no idea what time I finished in. Woops. I wanted to shower on campus today. Great idea since I was going to go to the mall afterwards. It was a great idea until I realized, after I had already showered & just turned off the water that I did not bring a towel FAIL. EPIC FAIL. I stood there, trying to drip dry. Have you ever done that? Apparently I'm not patient enough because after about 5 minutes, I did what any woman would do in that situation. I ran for the paper towels across the locker room. Kidding. I thought about it...but I do not have enough courage, or would that be confidence? HA. I ended up using my gross, sweaty clothes to dry off with. Gag. Back to feeling dirty, again. I won't make that mistake again...I hope.
SHOES! I FINALLY USED MY STORE CARD. Once upon a time, I bought a fancy pair of running shoes on impulse. They were so cute!. After running in them twice, I hurt my achilles tendons on BOTH legs and had to take a week off. Miserable. Not every shoe is a one style fits all kind of shoe. I learned my lesson, but I was terrified to buy another pair. After a trip to the podiatrist, a foot exam at New Balance, and many review searches online, I finally got a new pair of shoes. They are cute & comfy. I'll know more about them after a few runs if my feet really do agree with them or not. They better hold up or that chick at the sports store is in for it I'll have to spend more money on "nicer" ones.
Here they are...and me in my dorky excitement.
| Nike Dual Fusion ST2's |

No comments:
Post a Comment