Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Saturday, February 25, 2012

WORKOUT: 5.79 miles/49 minutes & 17 seconds.

Meeting up with my group went pretty well. Hope, (my fellow survivor from last weekend's city run) wasn't there today. :( I met a couple of the other runners today that I hadn't yet & decided to join them since they were the closest to my pace. They were a cutesy boyfriend/girlfriend pair, so yes, I felt like a 3rd wheel the entire time. It was either that, or talk to the girl...but she was very shy and apparently not as into running as her little lover. I could have talked to the boy, but then I felt like she was giving me the evil girl eyes that say, "Back off my man or I'll slice & dice you." So, it was just another...experience, to say the least. I'll keep going to this group, because they are all really nice. But I think my $60 group fee could serve me better in a group of runners who are hardcore serious. I want to learn more & be pushed to my highest potential. I love running (and sleep) too much to get up super early on a day I could sleep in to run a shorter distance than a normal "long" day & have to run it slower just to be able to run with the group members. Ugh, runner problems. 








No comments:

Post a Comment