Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

WORKOUT: 6 miles/48 minutes & 54 seconds.

First of all, THANK YOU, LARISSA. Her suggestion of sprinkling a light dusting of cinnamon/sugar on top of sliced up fresh fruit is TO DIE FOR. Definitely a better swap for oreos when the sweet tooth started screaming. :) Today is my first day of officially being back on track. I've been downing water again, only allowing myself 1 cup of coffee, healthy portions, and planning ahead for meals. Oh, and the biggest...I actually got out for a run today. It was so cold, too. For the first 2 miles, it hurt to breathe, and then my body either got used to it or just went numb & gave up. Who knows, really. I'm so excited for it to get warm. It'll be so much easier for me to run since I can bring Emmalyn again. 

I thought this was interesting & very helpful for me. I need to stress less, sleep more, & drink more water!
  1. Lack of Activity: When we are sedentary and don't get enough activity, we can feel sluggish. Staying active and getting regular physical activity can help us reduce sugar cravings and even change them to more healthy cravings. For one, it keeps our bodies oxygenated and energized, but we also release hormones that provide us with a feeling of well-being. Additionally, staying active helps you to reduce tension and stress…both of which affect proper adrenal function as we mentioned before. Finally, physical activity helps to stabilize our blood sugar levels. What you can do: If getting to the gym is a challenge, try taking a walk every day for at least 30 minutes. This doesn't have to be all at once. You can take three 10 minute walks. Also, when you feel a sugar craving come on, try taking a walk before giving into it. The activity might be what your body is really looking for.
  2. Dehydration: Lack of hydration can cause us to feel hungry and even feed into our sugar cravings. What you can do: If you feel like you are craving something sweet, have a big glass of water and see what happens. If your craving subsides, there is a good chance you were dehydrated. Ideally, your weight, divided by 2 equals the amount of water in ounces you should be consuming in a day. So, if you are 150 pounds, you should be having 75 ounces of water a day. If you are 120 pounds, you should be consuming 60 ounces a day in water. Wanna read more about this? Check it out.
SUPER AWESOME IDEA. Except, I might just do quarters since I'm poor. HA.

 
ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT. I'M BACK ON TRACK, OK?!










START TODAY...OR, IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, RE-START TODAY. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the money jar idea! I've been meaning to start one since Jan. 1 and just keep forgetting. – but I have a notebook for my daily workouts, so I tell myself I can go back and count up the money I own myself. :-) However, I'm with you on the quarters instead of dollars. I'd be making bank if, well if someone ELSE was paying me a dollar for each workout!

    ReplyDelete