Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

WORKOUT: 4.5 miles/41 minutes. 
Absolutely, hands-down, most annoying run to date. My mind wanted to run faster, but legs felt sooo heavy. It doesn't help that the last time I ran was 3 days ago, and it was just 3 miles, instead of the usual 10. And I'm still running only 2-3 times a week, at best. AND I've been stressed out with some personal things, so yup....you guessed it, I am eating like crazy. I have such an uncontrollable craving for sweets. I hate it!!! I have GOT to find a way to tone it back down. Ugh. 
On a better note, my new shoes seem to be working out great. 2 runs in them so far & no problems. :) 

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the sweets thing! I've been pretty good, but I have to allow myself some treats. Two things I've done that help me:

    I like brownies (honestly, what woman doesn't?), so I cut them into small pieces – almost bite-size squares – and sometimes even wrap the pieces individually in a small piece of foil and put them in the fridge. After the first hot bite out of the oven of course. This way when I can't control a chocolate craving, I have something to go to, but I also have it limited. Obviously, I can grab more pieces, but it's a whole lot easier to control when I've prepped this way.

    The second thing is cinnamon sugar on fruit. Apples are my favorite; slice it up, sprinkle some on, and I have a delicious sweet treat that's not nearly as bad as most deserts.

    Honey is another one that helps. I sweeten my morning and evening tea with honey so I at least have a little sweetness in my day. Besides the honey, though, I save other treats for the weekend (including brownie bites and cinnamon sugar). I know if I have even a little, the craving will be so hard to resist. But if I'm strong, have a drink of water, and give myself a few minutes to really think about it, I usually resist it.

    Anyway, just some thoughts. Find some tricks that work for you and your favorite treats so you can still enjoy them without sabotaging all your work!

    :: Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!! those are SO BRILLIANT! I will try them asap, the cinnamon & sugar sprinkled on fruit will be happen TODAY. Thanks so much, again!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that helps some! One thing I've learned for SURE on this fitness/healthy lifestyle journey is needing other people for ideas and encouragement. One reason I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete