Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Friday, February 17, 2012

WORKOUT: 5 miles/42 minutes & 5 seconds.


First of all.....I AM OFFICIALLY REGISTERED FOR MY FIRST HALF-MARATHON. Oh, my gosh. I can't believe it. A huge thank you to my best friend, Justin, for sponsoring me & dishing out the moolah for it. :) I'm so excited. I went exploring for today's run. I ran in my neighborhood instead of my usual trails. It was neat, thrilling (when needing to watch out for cars who may or may not see you...) and included many more hills than I'm used to. I'm meeting up with my running group tomorrow in the city to run another 5 miles. Yay.

Here's some things I found interesting. Doing these 3 things could really affect your fitness journey for the better:

1. Catch the running bug. You’ll continue to burn fat after your jog: People who run for at least four hours a week melt more calories than non-runners, even when they’re not running, a Yale University School of Medicine study reports.
2. Crank it up early. Working out harder during the first half of your workout and taking it easier during the second burns up to 23 percent more fat than doing the opposite, according to a study from The College of New Jersey.
3 & 4. Go hard — and make it quick. Staying at 80 percent of your max heart rate for 40 minutes can amp your metabolism for 19 hours afterward, research published in Obesity notes. And doing a shorter workout at 75 percent of your max aerobic capacity will give you a greater metabolic boost than sweating longer at 50 percent, a Colorado State University reveals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment