Disclaimer: Becoming a runner will change you. You will become happier, mentally stronger, less stressed, more confident, more courageous, physically stronger, etc. You will get high from the endorphin rush. You can and will become addicted to it. You will lose weight. You will end up loving the freedom of running. I will not be held responsible for this. And no, I am not a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. All my "knowledge" is just my own personal experience. Discretion is advised. ;)

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Winter is Coming.

Ahh, from the second I stepped outside I realized... winter is coming. It was chilly, well, 52 degrees. I grabbed a zip up hoodie to keep warm. As I walked to the trail, I noticed the leaves falling. Winter is coming. Once I got to the trail, there was a group of people observing some creature in the trees with binoculars. I asked what was going on and some old man piped up, "it's a yellow belly something-something bird that only comes out during migration season." I wasn't really intrigued, but I replied with "....oh, cool." And then I started my jog. I began to think, "Binoculars? Really? There are people that head out early on a Saturday morning with binoculars to observe birds?" Jeeze, to each their own. A few moments later I started replaying his words in my head, "migration season." Winter is coming. What am I going to do?! No more warm air, short sleeves & light jogging clothes?? I'm so unprepared. I better research this because once I was into my jog, I started feeling too hot for my hoodie. I needed a little guy on a bike to hold my stuff when I didn't wanna hold it. Like my water bottle, phone, and also my hoodie. :)

I did 4.03 miles today. 4 was the goal, and I made it in almost 46 minutes. Slow & steady wins the race, right? Yay. I ran into the binocular crew again on another part of the trail. I joked in my head about being surprised they didn't have portable microscopes and lab gear. Haha, if only everyone could hear what I think sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment